07 June 2005

The Godfather

No, this post isn't about Mario Puzo's best selling novel or Francis Ford Copolla's film about the Corleone Mafia dynasty, it's about me, yeah, as a Godfather (don't laugh) to my two month old nephew, Joshua. He's a cute lil' fellow, with chubby cheeks and a great crop of hair. Just look at these series of photos that I took of him.


Yo there ! Hmm... are you pointing a camera at me? How's this for a pose ?

So we, immediate family and close friends, were gathered at St.Francis Xavier Church, Melaka at 11:30am, Sunday, 5th June 2005 to witness and participate in the baptism of our latest family member.

Here's a definition of baptism in our Catholic context ....

Holy Baptism is the basis of the whole Christian life, the gateway to life in the Spirit (vitae spiritualis ianua),[4] and the door which gives access to the other sacraments. Through Baptism we are freed from sin and reborn as sons of God; we become members of Christ, are incorporated into the Church and made sharers in her mission: "Baptism is the sacrament of regeneration through water in the word."[5]

And here are some photos ...

Mum and Son A Family Portrait after baptism
Mel and Josh A Family Portrait

After the baptism, we took a few snapshots before going out for a hearty lunch to celebrate the event. Well, now being a Godfather to my nephew, I have an added responsiblity other than being the doting uncle, I have to share in the responsibility of guiding him in the Christian way. Cross my fingers, I will do alright ...

2 comments:

hot choc said...

I hoped u bought presents for me from thailand! oh and i linked your site to mine already.

Anonymous said...

Yo Ben.

Blogger too eh?

Shalom.

Charles :)