14 January 2007

Resolution Solution

It’s a new year but it hasn’t quite sunk in yet. Maybe it’s because I’ve seen so many new years slip by that it doesn’t quite matter anymore. My resolutions for 2007 ?? They are not officially out yet. Yes, got to make it a point to find the list I made last year, clear the dust away, make some minor corrections and wah lah … Resolutions for the Year. Ok, I’m kidding. Anyway I lost that list during shifting.

The good thing about a new year - you are forgiven for falling short of your previous year resolutions and are given a new slate to rewrite new personal objectives; that means you’ve earned another 365 days to wrestle with your conscience, procrastination and ‘amnesia’ problem over your new resolutions. Well, this year I plan to invent resolutions as I go, this way I won’t be to far off the mark.

Mark Twain quite sums up the new year for me with this quote.

New Year's is a harmless annual institution, of no particular use to anybody save as a scapegoat for promiscuous drunks, and friendly calls and humbug resolutions.”

No comments: