07 February 2007

To Greener Fields

Titanic

I'm finally moving out of the company. Tendered my resignation on Monday and the countdown begins. Minus the one week break for CNY, I have about three weeks left in the company.

Got the new job offer only last Friday. The swiftness of the offer sort of surprised me as I only started job hunting in January. As for the job, it is quite a shift from my current one, like moving from micro to macro mode. And it may involve some travelling. Well one thing's for sure, got to buck up on my Mandarin.

Feel like a sailor jumping ship, from a sinking ship actually. So when I leave, my colleagues have to cover my workload. It has been like this for awhile since they stopped hiring last year. Good luck to them. It's definitely not easy motivating yourself to accept more work when you've got nothing to work for, save the salary at the end of the month. That is motivation enough for people to work harder, searching through the Saturday Recruit Section, to get themselves out to somewhere drier fast.

No comments: