13 April 2007

A million tomorrows shall all pass away ...

I can't be contented with yesterdays glory
I can't live on promises winter to spring
Today is my moment, now is my story
I’ll laugh and I’ll cry and I’ll sing

Just me wallowing in yesterdays' glory; a song for the ages. Still recall that they used to teach this song in primary school, not mine, but my sister's. Was listening to Emi Fujita's version of it earlier and it struck me that beneath the Dandy, Clovers and Strawberries, the lyrics bore a timeless message, that is a call to live for the moment, to be present in the present, not past nor future.

Here is if you want the classic John Denver version.




2 comments:

Pink Elle said...

Oh my! That song really brings back memories of the choir in school! But it's a beautiful song. One I've always loved!

benauhc said...

Hey I remember my sister learning it in Convent Primary. Did you ?