13 June 2007

Trips in June

After a few months of quiet activity, looks like the second half of June is going to get busier. There are two weekend trips out of Singapore lined up in the next few weeks. The first will be this weekend, where I'll join Wee Loong and Ge Hau on a road trip up Malaysia's East coast. It will be a first for me as I have never been to the eastern shores of the peninsular. Finally, I've come out of my shell, crossed over the great central ranges to sample the other half of my country (next I guess will be to cross the Sea to visit the lands below the wind) . We'll probably head towards Kuantan and along the way pay a visit to small towns like Mersing and other coastal towns with names that just escapes me. Any suggestions on what else is worth a visit or at least a drive-past?

Got to borrow a Malaysia-Singapore travel guide at the library today. And it's quite a new edition too. It's amazing what you can find in the Singapore Library. There a many gems waiting to be discovered among the rows of other old and ordinary books. There has been a number of occasions where I find new books that I was eyeing in the book store lying quietly in the local library. Just to list down all these good reads will require a post of its own. Okay, but now back to my trips.

Then at the end of the month, I'll be headed up to KL for an old friend's wedding. Just realised that my past few trips up to the capital has always been to witnessed some childhood friends' marriage. This time it is Pauline's turn. She used to be my next door neighbour in Muar. She and her brother is of the same age as me and my sis, so growing up was never lonely when you know that you have play mates just a holler away.

Will be bringing my 350D along this weekend, so hopefully I'll have some good shots to show rather than the ones from my N73 that has been populating my posts.

No comments: