12 February 2010

Rounding up the Ox

It's been awhile since I updated this blog and now we are on the verge of another New Year. Since I had missed writing a round-up post for 2009, I figure I will do one for the Year of the Ox instead.


Red Oxen_recoloured

We ushered the Ox with gusto but it could not stem the sub-prime tsunami that battered the financial markets and caused many companies, including mine, to shed their workforce and tighten their belts. I was fortunate to be spared and learnt a valuable financial lesson along the way. So career wise, I am still where I am at the beginning of the year.



Day 1_Taipei Keelung_-070-resized

We found time to travel too. After our exertions in Europe the previous year, we decided to hop on a guided tour to a not-to-distant and less expensive destination. So Taiwan was it. This was our only holiday getaway for the year.




Cheyenne_141209_6

We finally became parents this year. To prepare for our baby, we attended ante-natal classes, borrowed books on pregnancy and baby-care, and did loads of shopping.





Mraz

canon_eos_5d_mkii

Upgraded from public transport to a set of wheels and from a basic DSLR to a full frame.


All in all, it was a pretty good year. I'm hoping the Tiger will be a even better year.

Tiger Year

No comments: