08 January 2006

Get me to the Church on time

"I’ve been having dreams and visions
In them you are always standing
Right beside me
I reach out for your hand
To see your arms extending
Outstretched towards me

To you I give my pledge
I honor all that’s good
In this life we’re living
To think not only of myself
But of the greater union ..."

Wedding Song, Tracy Chapman

On Saturday I attended my first wedding of 2006. I was helping out as commentator as well as part of the make-shift choir. The venue, Sacred Heart church along Clemenceau Ave, was well-dressed for the occasion with Christmas Decos still up and plenty of spotlights keeping the interior well-lit.

As the church bells rang, Carol in her resplendent gown walked down the aisle to the beat of the Wedding March; while waiting at end of the strip was her charming prince, Edwin.

Fortunately for us, the three friends, who were helping out with the service, everything went smoothly without much noticeable glitches. Heh heh, but doesn’t mean I will willingly swap a place on the wooden pews for a spot on the commentator’s lectern anytime soon.

EdwinCarol & Frens
Edwin, Carol and fellow friends

The Helpers
Me, Andrew and Phaiks - the commentator-reader-organist-choir team

6 comments:

Eternity said...

ben, is that girl you labelled "phaiks" ooi phaik sim? she's my school mate =)

benauhc said...

yes, she did mention that she was from Asunta and that she knows you. talented musician. knew her from my days in NUS hall.

Anonymous said...

yea! i remember her frm sch and church! hehe...

Beer Brat said...

lovely pics :)

my first will be this saturday.. hehe

Anonymous said...

happy to see that the RH guys/ gals haven't changed one bit. amazing how life brings people of diff background together. NJ, VJ, RJ, HJ, Eton, Presby, Sec scholars, JC scholars all rolled into one. Cheers!

A.VIJAYCHANDRAN said...

That is really a lovely couple. May they be blessed in every way. I stumbled onto this blog accidentally.

vijay
missionoflove72.blogspot.com