17 September 2006

Clementi also got hero

The hero of Clementi blogs ! And here's his account of the story. (Caution, expletives aplenty!)
http://jeffreypang.blogspot.com/2006/09/incident-of-day.html

If you do not know what I'm referring to, this was the guy who was brave enough to confront and stop the escaping boyfriend who had just pushed his girlfriend onto the train tracks at Clementi MRT station. Kudos friend !

Just thinking... are we at the dawn of an age of masked avengers and caped vigilantes ? Or are we turning into a society who will conveniently turn away even when others are in harms way ? It only takes one to make a difference this time, but when my turn comes, will I just shrug and look away ? Sometimes I myself do not know the answer.

P.S : BTW, my site was down for long periods yesterday, so I took the chance to upgrade to beta blogger. More features, better layout.

Update : Jeffrey has removed the post on the incident as investigations are still pending on the case.

No comments: