19 March 2009

Friday the 13th

Friday the 13th. D-day.

So Friday came. Arrived on time. A large group of people was gathered outside the gates. These were folks that had already received their letters. Lots of chatter. Some were happy with the 'windfall'. Some stayed for gossip. Some stayed to bid their fellow colleagues goodbye.

I did not stop. Cleared the 'beefed-up' security and headed for my office.

Finally got my letter at 9 and was instructed to report back on Monday. Yay, so I still got a job. Lived to fight another day.

Later learnt that over 200 people were culled in this exercise. Knew a few of them. None were deserving, they were just people chosen as sacrifice so the rest could carry on. Let's hope we find a quick end to this terrible long winter.

1 comment:

Beer Brat said...

I dunno whether congratulating you is appropriate.. but yah.. this is a season of culling.