28 November 2005

Good for another 10 years

Finally got my re-entry permit extended for a further 10 years. Got myself over to the ICA (Immigration and Checkpoints Authority) on Saturday to submit my application. The process took only 45 minutes and I paid $100 for the extension. Ten bucks a year, that’s not too bad considering ten more years of hassle-free entry into Singapore.

The re-entry permit, as the name suggest, allows the PR(Permanent Resident) holder to re-enter Singapore as long as the permit is valid. That means if the PR holder never steps out of S’pore (ie. no overseas holiday, no balik kampung) he/she can do without the permit, but what are the chances of that?

I also dropped by the access card counter to extend by access card. This card allows me to bypass the queues at the passport lanes at the Singapore checkpoint. Just hate the queues especially on Friday and Sunday evenings.

A few more things that will my make the border crossing more enjoyable/tolerable :

1) MRT right up to Woodlands checkpoint.

2) A covered travellator (like the ones in airports) spanning the causeway. (no walking required!)

3) Good bus services from Johor checkpoint to various destinations including Larkin Bus Station.

(Note : This will do away with those cross-border bus services)

Well these are just some of my personal opinions. If you are one of those who gets to fly out of Singapore or takes the express coach from Golden Mile, then these suggestions won’t help you one bit.


28 more days to Christmas !

2 comments:

Eternity said...

how long have you been in singapore? 10 years already??

benauhc said...

11 actually(gosh that's 1/3rd of my life) , but only 5 years as a PR.