08 November 2005

You just hate it when ...

... some inconsiderate delinquent decided to cause some childish mischief by pressing the lift buttons on all floors (all 18 floors to be ezact) of the high-rise HDB .

Well this happened to me this morning when I was leaving for work from my unit on the 19th floor. Imagine the 4 of us in the lift having to endure the long ride down, stopping at every floor to welcome the invisible passenger while my thumb was busy stabbing at the 'Close Door' button. I bet that if you could read our thoughts (like thought bubbles in comics) in there, you would probably see a collective outpouring of curses, un-publishable expletives or just rows of punctuation marks and symbols (depending on your personal content filter). Anyway just thankful that I was in time to catch the bus to work.

No comments: