30 June 2006

For you a thousand times over

KiteRunner

That's a line from the book 'The Kite Runner'. Two thumbs up from me. It got me excited on reading again.

Khaled Hosseini writes like a true story teller. He got me hooked right at the start, especially the scenes of old Afghanistan, and his very real but flawed characters. It’s a story about family, friendship, loyalty, betrayal and redemption, all rolled into one hot piping Naan.

P.S : Borrowed ‘Kite Runner’ from Jurong West Library which was carrying at least 10 of it.

*******

“I know,” he said, breaking our embrace. “Inshallah, we’ll celebrate later. Right now, I’m going to run that blue kite for you,” he said. He dropped the spool and took off running, the hem of his green charpan dragging in the snow behind him.

“Hassan!” I called. “Come back with it!”

He was already turning the street corner, his rubber boots kicking up snow. He stopped, turned. He cupped his hands around his mouth. “For you a thousand times over!” he said. Then he smiled his Hassan smile and disappeared around the corner.

2 comments:

SoupLad said...

just i was wondering what to read next....

ok....heading straight to library this evening. = )

benauhc said...

souplad, tell me how you find it after reading. enjoy!