28 February 2006

In with the new

Here are to the new things in my life.

First. New Running Shoes.
Yes, the old pair finally called it quits during a run last week. Guessed the water from the rained out soccer session last Saturday had something to do the sudden demise.

For the new pair, decided to get Asics instead of the usual Nike. Besides they were 30% off.

New Shoes 2


Second. New CDs.
I don’t listen much to music, so I can’t really explain my sudden craving for Chinese Songs. First it was Wei Lian’s(Project Superstar winner) Debut Album, then recently it was a Compilation of old Chinese Songs from the 80s and 90s.

Don’t ask me the title of the songs. I just enjoy the music.


CDs


Third. New Books.
Books, ah, the caviar for the mind. Can’t imagine a long train journey without a book to rest my eyes on. Without something to read means my eyes either linger at the same old advertisement boards, or at the empty spaces which are not already taken up by other passengers (or at the passengers if they are interesting enough), or just a quick shut-eye.

From the local library, two local books for light reading,




Lib Books

And from the bookstores …


Books

4 comments:

Beer Brat said...

No new gf?..... hehe

Btw, i think i saw someone else with that chinese songs compilation.

benauhc said...

beer brat, my gf read you comment :p

stargazer, new is good but old is gold too.

Beer Brat said...

so u mean ur gf is gold.. and old?

hehe..

Norman said...

OMG! Quicksilver!!!
I highly recommend that you abort that mission right quick.

But I'm glad my review for Ilium has swayed you :P