28 April 2006

Hanoi Revisited

It's Friday and a long weekend ahead to look forward to. Can't ease myself into the holiday mood just yet as I have some work to clear up. But here's a posting to break the monotony of work.

Just wanted to mention about how the topic of 'Hanoi' had unwittingly been brought up in the past two days.

First on Wednesday, while having dinner, Channel News Asia featured a story about the architecture and uniqueness of the buildings around St.Joseph's Cathedral in Hanoi. I was hooked, though I only caught it at the end of the programme.

Then yesterday while I was online at night, I found a friend (formerly from Muar) on MSN. And guess what, she was in Hanoi. How strange is that? So I rattled off a few things that might be of interest in Hanoi, like the cathedral, old quarters, a certain meat dish, and the must-do tour to Ha Long. Too bad she's on business trip as she might not have time to squeeze in the sighseeing.

Maybe these two separate events are signs to remind me to finish up the overdue write-up of my Vietnam trip. Well that just have to wait. I'm going back to Muar for the weekend.



.

No comments: