07 April 2006

Lost Tails

Arrival in Budget Treminal

They say an average of 10,000 bags are lost daily.

They also say 98% of misplaced baggage is returned evntually.

So hey, where's mine ???


Standing there at the carousel in Changi's spanking new Budget Terminal on Sunday night, I was reminiscing about the fantastic 9 days that I had spent in Vietnam and dreading the return to work the next day. Then slowly bags were picked and removed from the carousel; the number quickly diminishing as passengers headed towards custom clearance. When the last piece of suitcase was finally carried off, it became apparent, my backpack had gone AWOL.

The next few days were spent contacting Swissport (the baggage handler) and composing my letter to Tiger Airways. Well now I guess I'll just have to sit back and wait for their reply and perhaps compensation (cross fingers).

Now I have my own tale about lost baggage. Though, it seems that almost everybody has their own story too. Well, this slight hitch should not take anything away from the enjoyable trip.

I am half way through organising my photos and have uploaded some into
my flickr site. Will write about the trip soon.

4 comments:

benauhc said...

Hi stargazer. You can write to me at benauhc@gmail.com.

I was in Bali in 2003, so may not be updated on the lastest prices and newer attractions.But the places I visited should still all be there.

Beer Brat said...

Hope you dun have anything too dear other than soiled underwears in the bag.... I know, bad joke. Hope you get it back.

SoupLad said...

did ya get yaself covered by insurance?

benauhc said...

beer brat, nothing too expensive.

souplad, no travel insurance. hoping to hear from the airline soon.